Georgetown Fire Department is an all risk fire department. We respond to all emergencies within the fire district. Incidents that have a related post will appear here. Not all incidents generate a post.
- The Georgetown Fire Department responded to our first vegetation fire of the year on FridayThe Georgetown Fire Department, along with CAL FIRE units, responded to a small vegetation fire at just before noon today. The fire was in the area of Sliger Mine Rd. and Spanish Dry Diggins. The fire was a controlled burn that got out of control.
- Country Incident – Vegetation FireLast Update: 9/4/2019 @ 10:49 Location: Highway 193 and Penobscot Rd, east of CoolLat/Long: [38.902821, -120.935299] Date Started: 9/3/2019Current Acreage: 85 acresPercent Contained: 30%Cause: Under InvestigationFuel Type: GrassGeorgetown Fire Resources at scene: ALL Georgetown units have been released from the incident. Forward spread stopped. Evacuation orders remain in place. Evacuation Center is at the Cool … Continue reading Recent Incidents Read more
- Georgetown Fire Department responded to a fire at Georgetown School yesterdayI continue to be impressed with my department, partner agencies and our community. The school did a great job of evacuating and being available to the fire department. Georgetown Fire had a great response with 10 personnel and assistance from several of our fire service partners.
- Remote Area Rescue Quad accident on February 1, 2020The Georgetown Fire Department, along with units from CAL FIRE, Garden Valley Fire, as well helicopters from CHP and CALSTAR, responded to a quad accident at 4:49 p.m. yesterday. The first unit located the patient at 5:21 p.m. after an extensive search involving crews converging from 3 different routes. A civilian off-road motorcyclist was with … Continue reading Recent Incidents Read more
- The Georgetown Fire Department responded to a Traffic Collision on 1-10-20The Georgetown Fire Department, along with units from Garden Valley Fire and Diamond Springs Fire responded to a Traffic Collision on Friday night at 10:42 p.m. on Wentworth Springs in the area of Stag Lane.
- Georgetown Fire Department responded to a Traffic Collision on 12-28-19The Georgetown Fire Department, along with units from Garden Valley Fire and Cal Fire responded to a Traffic Collision on Saturday night at 9:41 p.m. at Wentworth Springs in the area of Chipmunk Trail. Crews found an SUV impaled on a tree with significant intrusion into the driver’s door area. This pinned the driver, an … Continue reading Recent Incidents Read more
- Solo Vehicle Accident on Wentworth Springs Rd.Georgetown Fire Department, with Garden Valley Fire, Cal Fire, and CAL Fire responded yesterday to a single-vehicle traffic accident. The solo occupant was transported by ground ambulance to the hospital. CHP responded and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- motorcycle accident, North of Volcanoville Rd. on Wentworth Springs Rd.Georgetown Fire Department, along with crews from the El Dorado National Forest and CHP responded on a motorcycle accident, North of Volcanoville Rd. on Wentworth Springs Rd. at 12:50 p.m. today. A 24 year old male laid his motorcycle down and suffered substantial road rash and possible head/neck injuries. He was flown to Sutter-Roseville medical … Continue reading Recent Incidents Read more